The Taco Diplomacy Tour mixes two very important things to us: Learning about the current situation at the border and eating delicious street tacos.
During our 6-hours together we’ll learn all about the border while we take in at least three stops for tacos and other popular foods at some of our favorite street stands and snack shops. You’ll come home full of great food and first-hand knowledge of our borderlands region.
- 6-hour tour of the Tijuana border area starting at 10:00 AM
- 3 stops for street tacos and other delicious foods
- Border education
- Ground transportation (Fully licensed, insured, air conditioned vehicle)
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages along the way
Who is leading these tours?
McLandia owners Kristen and Adam McLane. Adam McLane does volunteer work in Baja California and travels to Tijuana frequently. When available, we’ll have friends from TJ join us to give us even more local knowledge on both border issues and food!
What’s this all about?
We feel like to truly understand San Diego you need to take the time to understand the border itself and the city of Tijuana. The more you understand the borderlands, the more you’ll understand the region. But we find most Americans, especially San Diego residents, are reluctant to cross the border and go to TJ.
The Taco Diplomacy Tour is intended to break the ice. Our hope is that by showing you some of our favorite places, eating delicious tacos, arming you with history and information, that you might feel comfortable coming back on your own. Whether you’re in San Diego for a week for vacation or you’ve lived here a lifetime, we want to show you the TJ we love.
For locals, we’re hoping this is your first of many visits to the Tijuana area. For visitors, we hope that you’ll take home amazing memories and new information about our border region.
Other stuff to know
- This tour is safe and family friendly.
- You must be over 18 or accompanied by an adult.
- Each participant must have a valid passport from any country, passport card, or border crossing document, and have status to cross both borders.
- The trip cost covers your travel, the educational components, food, and non-alcoholic beverages. If you are interested in souvenir or alcoholic beverages please bring some spending money.
- We don’t permit smoking or vaping on our tours.
- Minimum group size of 5; Maximum group size of 13
Note: We will follow-up with you with additional information after you book the tour.