There’s a lot to like about Liberty Station. This former U.S. Navy Base (Naval Training Center San Diego) is now a community gathering space blended together with history, art, culture, trendy restaurants, and shops.
You won’t find many commercial centers featured in our Beyond the Zoo guides. That’s because we value experience over stuff. That said, Liberty Station is a charming family-friendly spot that shouldn’t be overlooked.
Here are some of the features your kids may enjoy:
- Outdoor green spaces and playground
- Planes taking off from the San Diego airport
- Public Art, Military Relics
- Kid Ventures
- Comickaze Comics, Books and More
- The Hot Spot: Pottery Painting and Candle Making
- Liberty Public Market
Looking for more things to do in Point Loma? Grab our free Beyond the Zoo Guide to Ocean Beach & Point Loma.